Dive the Incredible Belize Barrier Reef
Only minutes away from the Barrier Reef and boasting its own beautiful fringing reefs, Thatch Caye has the advantage of being able to offer diving enthusiasts reef experiences with only short boat rides to some of the world’s best diving sites.
The Belize Barrier Reef Reserve System lies off the eastern coast of Belize and is the longest barrier reef in the Western Hemisphere and the second longest in the world. Thatch Caye is located right on the Belize barrier reef. We host incredible scuba diving and snorkeling locally, but also offer tours.
All rates are per person.
Please be aware that some tours require a minimum number of participants. If the minimum number isn’t reached, we will rebook you for an equivalent tour.
The following are offered daily
- Local Dive (1 tank) $70
- Local Dive (2 tank) $130
- Local Dive (3 tank) $160
The following are available upon request
- Night Dive (1 tank) $100.00
- Glover's Reef Atoll $200.00
- 3 tank dive based on a minimum number of 6 divers and favorable weather conditions. Typically offered once per week.
- Whale Shark Encounter $325.00
- 2 tank dive based on a minimum number of 6 divers and favorable weather conditions.
- The Whale Shark Tours normally last full day, beginning in the morning and not returning until the late evening.
- Because the Whale shark Tours are conducted in open ocean, where most of the time there are no visible button, this tour is recommended for more experienced divers.
- The whale shark season in Belize normally begins 2 days before the Full Moon until 10 days after in the months of March, April, May, and June.
- Whale Shark Dates 2015
- March 5 – March 14 (full moon March 5)
- April 4– April 13 (full moon April 4)
- May 3 – May 12 (full moon May 4)
- June 2 – June 11 (full moon June 2)